Students will be encouraged to develop personal attributes of commitment, fairness and passion and an appreciation of honest competition and good sportsmanship. Students will develop an understanding of the benefits of participating in Sport and the impact it could have on their health and well-being.
Throughout Year 7-10 the PE faculty ensures that all students follow as wide a range of activities as possible. This will allow students to experiment with sports and hopefully take one (or more!) on. Students will cover a range of activities following at least four of the following themes –
• Outwitting opponents, as in games activities.
• Accurate replication of actions, phrases and sequences, as in gymnastic activities.
• Exploring and communicating ideas, concepts and emotions, as in dance activities.
• Performing at maximum levels in relation to speed, height, distance, strength or accuracy, as in athletic activities.
• Identifying and solving problems as in outdoor activities
• Exercising safely and effectively to improve health and wellbeing, as in fitness and health activities.